Camera Cleaning Cost Estimator
Total Summary Of Charges
Pricing does not include State and Parish Sales Tax
$75 – Clean 1 body and up to 2 lenses
$15 – Clean each additional lens after the first 2
$65 – Perform AF Microadjustment Calibration to 1 body and up to 2 lenses (Almost always done only after a thorough cleaning by us. There are certain exceptions.)
$15 – Perform AF Microadjustment Calibration to each additional lens after the first 2
$35 – “Quicker Service” Expedite Fee for 3 day service. If you’re local and need your gear cleaned but can’t wait 5-7 days, do this. 🙂
$50 – “On The Spot” Expedite Fee for same day service.
Repair work will be quoted once the evaluation is completed.
We accept Cash (favorite), Check, Venmo, Paypal, or Credit/Debit Cards. Thanks!!
**State and Parish Sales Tax will be added to your final price when work is completed.**
What do we clean:
- The exterior of the lenses
- The Lens caps
- Lens contacts and mounting rings
- The entire exterior of the body
- Inside of the memory card slot
- Inside the battery compartment
- Inside the areas where the USB ports are
- All of the cracks and crevices where dirt likes to hide
- If applicable, we’ll remove the makeup off of the eyepiece and around the LCD Screen
- The mirror and the inside of the mirror chamber
- Inside of the sensor chamber
- Sensor (I use dry and/or wet cleaning techniques to get the sensor clean.)
Auto Focus Micro Adjustments and Auto Focus Checks:
What does this mean? – I check your body for proper AF operation with each of your lenses. Using a special focus calibration target and years of experience, I see exactly where your lens is focusing, and align the point of focus to the intended plane. Then save that information in your camera’s memory. This ensures that when your camera locks focus, it’s actually focusing on the thing that you wanted to be in focus. It’s a tedious process and it has to be repeated with each lens on each body at multiple distances. If necessary, I tailor the focus to your specific needs.
- We can normally get your gear ready for pickup in 7 days or less.
- We can usually work something out for faster or slower times as well. As a photographer, I know how it is. Just let me know of any special needs that you may have.
“On The Spot” Same Day Cleanings:
- We have several openings for same-day services. If you’re out of town and need your gear cleaned and/or AF Calibrated, we can do it.
- You can drive in at the time of your appointment, drop off your equipment, go eat-shop-work on editing-etc around town, then come pick up your equipment when it’s ready.
- Time will depend on how much gear you bring me and what services you need. Time averages between 1 – 2hours per body/set. There is no “standard time” for service, it varies a bit from case to case. I can give you an estimate once you tell me about your gear.
- Your appointment has to be set up in advance.
- There is an extra fee of $50 per person for this service. If you bring us 4 bodies and 12 lenses, or 1 body and 1 lens, the extra fee is $50 per appointment, per person.
What to bring for both Cleanings and AF Calibrations:
- Camera body(s)
- Memory Card
- Body and Lens Caps
- A camera bag is optional
- Fully charged battery and/or your battery charger
- NOTE: Your camera will not let me open up the sensor unless the battery is more than 75% charged. I can’t clean the sensor with a dead battery. Please bring a charger if possible.
CHRIS AND LORRIE BROUILLETTE – CERTIFIED GOOFBALLS